Mashed potatoes are a holiday dinner staple in our family. This year I wanted to try something a little different that wouldn’t slow me down and still keep my family happy. Most years I find myself getting a little sluggish after a serving (or two!) or traditional mashed potatoes. This year, I’m happy to say this vegan cauliflower sweet potato mash does the trick!
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 large sweet potatoes (around 2 lbs)
- 1 head cauliflower (cut in 4 large chunks)
- 4 tbsp olive oil or ghee
- 1 tbsp minced rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes and cauliflower in salted water until a fork easily pokes through, drain the water and return the potatoes.
- Sauté garlic cloves in a little ghee until light brown, set aside
- Puree cauliflower, oil, rosemary, salt and pepper in a food processor
- Drain excess water from the potatoes and return to pot for mashing.
- After mashing your potatoes, add in the cauliflower puree and any extra oil or seasonings to taste