This is my go to pie crust that works for any pie. It is a grain, dairy and refined sugar free crust. Be careful. Once you make this pie crust you may eat it all before you add the filling!
Yield: 1 pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/8 cup (2 tbsp) raw organic honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until smooth
- Press the dough into pie dish. Start from the middle of the dish pressing the dough towards the edges with your fingers. This ensures the crust is evenly spread throughout the dish.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown
- Allow the crust to slightly cool before adding the filling. The crust may be a little poofy when it comes out. Use the bottom of a soup spoon to press it down a bit so it’s not doughy.