If you’re looking for a delicious way to enjoy an old favorite, pancakes, but without all the wheat or sugar, then this recipe should fit the bill! These are delicious, and even old-school pancake lovers will come back for more. The touch of vinegar gives that buttermilk taste, so feel free to omit it if you like.
This is close to the recipe that our friend Heather (of the amazing, Conscious Nutrition) used at her birthday party, serving almost 50 people and she couldn’t cook them fast enough!
- 1 cup organic almond meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp organic unrefined coconut oil or organic ghee
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 6 tbsp water
- Nuts (walnuts or pecans work great)
- Berries (strawberries, blueberries or raspberries)
- Fruit (sliced peaches or bananas)
- Combine dry ingredients in food processor if almond meal is chunky. Otherwise combine by hand in a bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in separate bowl.
- Form a well in your dry ingredients and add your wet mixture.
- Stir lightly until combined. Don’t overmix
- Pre-heat your pan or skillet and cook on medium high heat
- Ladle out each pancake onto a well greased pan or skillet using ghee, coconut oil or avocado oil.
- Once the pancake is on the griddle spoon a little oil on top of the cooking cake so it won’t stick when you flip it
- Flip, cook another few minutes and enjoy