When the weather starts to turn chilly (ha, who are we kidding, it’s still 70 degrees in San Diego!) there is nothing that makes me happier than getting in the kitchen and trying out some new warming recipes. This savory gravy is perfect for Thanksgiving or when you’re feeling like some homemade comfort food. I’m excited to smother everything on my Thanksgiving plate with this stuff! What is your favorite holiday dish?
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons garbanzo bean flour
- 1/3 cup mushrooms sliced or finely chopped (Add as many mushrooms as you like. We prefer a generous handful)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop mushrooms and set aside for later
- Sauté shallots with 3 tablespoons of ghee or organic butter until tender.
- Add garbanzo flour to your saucepan and cook for a minute or two or until thick
- Gradually add 1 1/2 cups of vegetable stock
- Add in mushrooms, soy sauce and thyme and cook for 5 minutes on med-low heat
- Season with salt and pepper
Pour this gravy on anything or try them on with these mashed potatoes!