I’m into cranberry sauce but I’m not into that jellied alien that comes out of a can 🙂 Usually it’s full of sugar, and lacking that tart kick, this superfood is known for. Cranberries are full of vitamins A and C as well as being loaded with phytonutrients (think antioxidants, big time), but are also a good source of fiber, vitamin K and manganese. And don’t forget they have strong ability to ward off UTI’s.
We’ll show you how to enjoy this super food without additional sugar or overheating it and killing/reducing any of those beautiful nutrients.
- 2 cups of washed raw whole organic cranberries
- 1/2 peeled orange
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp organic unprocessed honey, warmed so it mixes easily
- Add cranberries to food processor and pulse a couple times
- Add orange wedges, zest and honey and pulse or puree until it reaches a delicate consistency of small red and white pieces of cranberry.
- If it’s still a little tart for you, feel free to add honey to taste, but we recommend you leave it a little tart, as it really wakes up those other dishes 🙂